Kathleen Huggins equips breastfeeding mothers all the information they need to overcome potential difficulties and nurse their babies successfully from the first week through the toddler years, or somewhere in between.
This fully updated and revised edition provides information on topics such as:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- How to cope with breastfeeding obstacles and challenges
- Incorporating a nursing routine into working life
- Treating postpartum headaches and nausea
- Nutritional supplements to alleviate postpartum depression
- Sharing a bed with baby (co-sleeping) and the risk of SIDS
- Introducing solid foods
- Expressing, storing, and feeding breast milk
- Reviews of breast pumps
You will also find Huggins's indispensable problem-solving "survival guides" set off by colored bands on the pages for quick reference, as well as appendices on determining baby's milk needs in the first six weeks and the safety of various drugs during breast-feeding.
By: Kathleen Huggins